Project 365: Photo-a-day

My best buddy over at Cartoon Living and I have decided to take on Project 365 this year as one of our New Year resolutions. The basic idea is just to take one photograph each and every day of the year and post them on at least a weekly basis. At the end of December, we'll each have a journal summarizing the high points, low points, everyday routines, and special occasions for the entire year.

Since my buddy was also the one who convinced me to start blogging in the first place and who faithfully leaves comments at nearly every post, I'm dedicating this first photo to her. You see, she is not from Lancaster County and gets a bit squeamish at the thought of our traditional pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day. I can understand where she is coming from, though. When I was first introduced to pork and sauerkraut, my mother-in-law showed me the trick for eating the stuff without puckering your face. It is all in the way you load your fork. You must get all three ingredients into your mouth at the same time in order for the taste to be pleasant enough to continue your meal. The ratio of mashed potato, pork roast, and sauerkraut varies depending on your tolerance for the sauerkraut.

So here it is folks, a fork full of pork, mashed potato and sauerkraut!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I still say yuck. :P

1/01/2007 10:13 PM