Rounding Corners in Photoshop Elements

I pulled out the digital corner rounder for this one, and cut away. I had to figure out a good way to round those corners, and I'm sure there are more ways to do it. I basically made a clipping path with the rounded rectangle tool, then placed the layer I wanted to crop on top of the rounded rectangle. After selecting the layer I wanted to crop, I pushed cntrl-G. To simplify further editing, I then selected both the cropped shape and the original layer and merged them together. It sounds complicated, but once you do it a couple of times, it goes pretty quickly.
Credits: inspiration - Page Maps by Becky Fleck (Aug 2006)
Tia Bennett's New Growth kit - alphas, flower print paper, and bottom 3 papers
Journaling font: CK Carefree
Kim Hill - paper under the title alphas
ScrapRaven - dark red paper
Shabby Princess - orangey red paper at the top

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Beautiful LO, beautiful girl! Thanks for explaining the corner rounding--I'll probably use that many times in the future.

3/17/2007 4:37 PM  
Anonymous said...

Hey, this looks great! Don't you love discovering a new technique! Love how this whole page turned out. Tia's kit is just incredibly, and I love how you used it here.

3/27/2007 7:22 PM