Playing with a new lens

It came today. I was sooooo excited! Over a month with no camera was driving me insane. I ended up earning the majority of the money by offering portrait prints of students in our homeschooling co-op. So Sunday evening I ordered my lens of choice - a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II. The advantage to this lens is that it is extremely fast - allowing a lot of light in quickly so I do not have to use the flash as often.

Today was an extemely cloudy day. There was a bit of light coming in the window, but with my old lens it would not have been sufficient to capture a fidgety puppy without serious motion blur.

Then with the window to my back, I got this shot of V sitting at the dining room table. The picture actually looked like there was more light than was actually there - and all without a flash. I think I'll be keeping the lens. :-)

0 comments: