Clothespins on Bicycle Spokes


This portrait was taken by K
A funny story to share:

Last Saturday, I noticed that V had three safety pins neatly poked into the front shoulder of his t-shirt. When asked why, he replied, "Because that's how many years I've been a cowboy!" Then I questioned him on the source of the safety pins, since the only pile of safety pins that I was aware of was safely nestled in my "off-limits" drawer in the basement. But his answer surprised me, "from my bike."

"Your bike?!? Where do you have safety pins on your bike?"

"In the front tire," he responded confidently.

"You mean the tire that went flat a few days ago? WHY do you have safety pins in your bicycle tire?"

"Because Mr. G (a family friend from church) told me to put clothes pins on my bike and it would make a cool sound!"

Well, Mr. G made V's day a couple of nights ago by taking him to K-mart, buying him a new innertube and helping him to replacing it on his bike. Pete and I just shake our heads, shrug our shoulders and say, "Well, we never told him NOT to put safety pins in his tire!"

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Hilarious!!! This brings back great memories of clothes pins and index cards on our bikes. You can bet Jason had a blast with that.

Can't wait for our kids to get together.

10/14/2006 7:42 AM